How we met that is a good question. depending on which one of us you ask the answer may vary. Colby will tell you we met in 8th grade in science class. He apparently sat in front of me and would talk to me about the girl he liked (who happened to be my first friend in Utah) I however don't remember him at all..oops...I would say the first time we met was in 9th grade when he liked yet another one of my friends. We would stop and talk (the three of us) in the hallway every now and then. We didnt really start talking "alone" until sophomore year in Human Bio. We sat near each other and had a stupid game where we would tell each other "only 50 more hours" when there was 50 minutes left of class..yeah we're lame I know. :)
First Date: We were friends for a while but not really much out of that class. Around the end of January of our sophomore year my sister kept bugging me to ask someone to sweethearts (our schools Valentines Day dance) since it would be the first dance after I turned 16. I finally agreed and asked Colby. I wasn't looking for anything more then going out with a friend. I remember calling his mom (after calling literally every other Meier number in the phone book...I didn't think of Dana as a mans name..oops again..) His mom seemed so excited and agreed to get him out of the house that night for me. I went and decorated his room with some cheesy poem about looking for a sparkling night out with one of my buds. The day date started out a little awkward but we had fun in our group bowling and eating some yummy food. I'll admit i wasn't the best date at the dance but luckily Colby gave me another chance :)
This is the first picture we ever took together.. My family always makes fun of us for it saying it looks like a brother sister pose. I still think we look little and cute haha

We didn't start officially dating until October 3rd 2006. (we basically were dating long before that though but maintained our claim to "just friends" We dated 'officially" for almost 2 years before we got married and a year and 3 months before we got engaged.
First Kiss: Our first kiss was a few days after we "officially" started dating. We went to the Cedar High Homecoming game. It was drizzling a bit and at half time we decided to walk to KB to get a drink and snack. We were sharing a giant blanket and covering our heads from the rain. we tripped over the blanket and before colby helped me up he leaned down and kissed me. It was perfect :)
I'm still in love with boy and think this challenge is going to be fun :)



It is true! You guys do look super young! I'm so glad you decided to do this! Even though I'm sure i've already heard it all :)
ReplyDelete