Blogger Layouts
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Marriage Question #3

3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise?

My proposal story is far from the typical perfect but I love it! I knew he was going to propose but I didn't know when. I helped him pick out the ring but he made the final choice. He had the ring for a whole month before he asked me and it KILLED me. I was so anxious to get wear my ring! I think i was even getting a little mad at him. I would check the ring box in his room before we left to go anywhere and get really upset everytime it was still in the bag and box.
A few days after my niece Calina was born we decided to drive up to some mountain place (sugar something)It had snowed pretty good that week but we were in the Montero and didnt think we would have any problems..that car is a beast :) So we start driving up a dirt road covered in snow and the Montero failed us for the first time. We were stuck. Has hard as Colby tried he couldn't get us out. Underneath the thin layer of snow was a nice thick layer of Ice. Luckily we had cell service and we called our brother in law Andy. He came to rescue us (even though he had a brand new baby at home) it was going to be an hour or two so we decided to play some cards and sit on the roof of the car and look at the stars. A little while later we decided to go for a walk and it was beautiful. It was so pretty with all the snow and stars. A little ways into the walk i was starring up at the stars and when i turned back Colby was on the ghttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifround (to be honest i thought he tripped) after i realized what was happening i started listening to what he was saying. He said the sweetest things and finally asked if I would marry him. Of course i said yes and then I finally got wear my ring :)...He was so sneaky too, he apparently knew i checked often on it so he waited till after I checked then slipped it in his pocket. It has been over three years since that night and I can't believe it!

The Stuck Montero

No comments:

Post a Comment