My baby is 1 and I can hardly believe it. I honestly did not know
time could go as quickly as it has. I always thought the first year of
Lucas' life went by really quickly but it was nothing compared to
Macie's first year. I feel like I blinked and it was over. She is such a
sweet addition to our family and I can not imagine life without her.
Top 10 Reasons I am thankful for my sweet Macie Marie (in no particular order :) )
1) It is no secret I LOVE the color pink and she gives me a great excuse to buy cute pink outfits and bows!
2)
I love watching the sweet relationship between Macie and Lucas. She is
teaching Lucas to be soft and protective (even though he can play a
little too rough with her at times) I love hearing them giggle in the
back seat of the car or in their room late at night when they are
suppose to be asleep. I hope the continue to have a great relationship
throughout their lives.
3) Watching Colby with Macie is
one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. I never knew that having
kids would make me love him even more but it did almost instantly as I
watched him with Lucas for the first time and to my surprise watching
him with Macie has added even more to it. He has a special relationship
with her and I love watching her be a daddy's girl (although i would
love if she wanted her mommy a little more often :p) She has her daddy
wrapped around her little finger.
4) Happy smiles in
the morning. Macie is just like her mommy and likes to sleep in. Lucas
use to be just like her but he has slowly woken up earlier and earlier.
Luckily Colby is awesome and gets up with Lucas on mornings he is home
and lets me sleep until Macie wakes up. When she wakes up she usually
"shouts" for us but as soon as you poke your head in the door she is all
smiles. I love starting my days off with a gummy/partly toothy smile
:).
5) Showing me what calm babies are like. She is so
mellow. She is nothing like Lucas was. She has her hyper moments but
majority of the time she is content playing with her toys on the floor
or sitting on my lap for a long period of time. I love my crazy Lucas
but having two of him would have been HARD :)
6) She is
such a smart little girl and I love watching her learn new things. She
is growing up too quickly and becoming quite independent but I love that
she is learning by watching her brother and wanting to be like him.
6)
Playing Macie's version of peek-a-boo is adorable! I love when she
wants me to play this with her. She will come over and plant her face in
my lap and then whip her head up to look at me, laugh and repeat until I
start playing with her. She can usually play for quite a while and it
never gets old.
3) Tired snuggles. When Macie is really
tired she because one of 2 things: a great snuggle buddy or a grumpy,
arm flapping, put her to bed as quickly as possible child. I obviously
prefer the snuggle buddy version, where she just lays her sweet little
head down on my chest and gives me snuggles. I look forward to these
moments more then anything.
8) Matching toes :) I love
painting Macie's toes to match mine. It has become quite the process and
my pants usually wind up covered in polish but it is worth it to see
her cute little pink toe nails :)
9) Kitchen dance
parties. It has become tradition to dance in the kitchen on a daily
basis. Lucas loves and Macie giggles her little head off when he wants
to dance with her. I love hearing her cute little laughs!
10)
Last but not least I love the way she makes me feel like I am doing
something important. Both of my kids do. They make me want to be the
best person I can be. They make me want to get over the stupid little
things that hold me back. Most importantly they make me want to be as
happy as I can be so they can have a wonderful childhood that they will
always remember good things about.
I love you Macie Marie and am so grateful I have the opportunity to be your mom!
Sunday, September 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment