Blogger Layouts
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

If we could have known then what we know now

I think it would come as no surprise to most people that my sister and I did not get along growing up. Being 13 months apart was always a bad thing for us growing up. There are many times that I have wished it would have gone the other way and we would have been super close. I am however a strong believer in everything happens for a reason. We are who we are now and our relationship probably plays a roll in that. I am so glad that we have become so close since graduating high school. It is amazing how different our relationship has changed.
Growing up we fought a lot. We yelled at each other a lot and literally had nothing in common. She spent all her time with her group of friends and I spent my time with Colby. After she graduated she moved to Provo to attend BYU and we slowly talked a little to each other. This was the beginning of a much better relationship! By the time i graduated she and i were pretty good friends. She was my rock when planning my wedding and was honestly among the few who kept me sane.
When she moved to NY to be a nanny we talked pretty often and when she moved back i was so happy to have her come to live with me. It was right before Lucas was born and I must admit having her here those first 6 weeks of his life was amazing..i still wonder what it will be like with Macie and not having her support here every day, but i guess we will see :)
She has turned into such an amazing person and Lucas loves her so much! She is an amazing aunt and will be a great mom some day.
I am so thankful for the relationship we share now. We spent many years literally hating each other but I am so glad we have evolved into such good friends :)









1 comment:

  1. I am crying. So sweet. I love you. I will help with Macie! Promise :)

    ReplyDelete