Blogger Layouts
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The unknown.

The graduate school application process is a really scary time. For months (even years) the thought of Colby applying for pharmacy school was a constant form of worry in the back of our minds. After being accepted to his first school in October that worry was cut nearly in half.
For me a new worry began that day. He was accepted to schools in October, both in Florida. The thought of moving to Florida is both exciting and terrifying. Summer weather year round is a wonderful thought..being 2,000 miles away from our families..not so wonderful.
Growing up I moved around quite a bit. I lived on both the west and east coast, so I am no stranger to moving. This time will be different though. I am the adult now. I don't have my mom there with me telling me it will be fine and we will make new friends and love living somewhere new. I am now the one who will have to try to explain to Lucas why we can't go to Noni's house (which he asks for on a daily basis) or why Meemah is not at the Wal-mart we will being going to, or why we can't go see Aissa and Gargin or Kelsey and Justin. How do you even explain that to a 2 1/2 year old?
I am however very grateful that Colby has been accepted to a school and we know that we will at least be going somewhere. I'm allowed to be scared though right?
It is how
ever a beautiful place to live and a beautiful campus.



This week Colby and I are going to Salt Lake, where he will Interview at Roseman. While I am very confident that he will do well and be accepted, I don't know if he would go there. The pass/fail grading system may make getting a residency harder and that is something Colby really wants to do.
We are still holding out for U of U and wish they didn't have such late interviews!
For now we still live in the unknown and I need to accept that there is a very chance that we will be moving to Florida. Everything happens for a reason right :)

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely miss my bug and piglet! And of course my best friend!! :(

    ReplyDelete