Blogger Layouts
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Introducing Macie!

I love the fact that I can write this post 6 days before my due date and Macie is already 6 days old. I don't know how people manage to make it to 40+ weeks! I have been lucky to have both of my kids at 38 weeks :)
We are so thankful to have Macie home with us and that she is healthy and there were no real problems. She is such a sweet little girl and we can't imagine life without her already. She is so calm so far. Her big brother loves her so much already! He wants to hold her multiple times a day and loves to give her kisses. There are times when he doesnt want daddy to hold her but luckily these times have been very few.
So a little about her actual birthday. Macie Marie Meier (yeah lots of m's!) was born August 18th at 4:06 pm. She weighed 7lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches. She is a great sleeper..a little to good. She slept so much at the hospital that she couldn't stay awake long enough to eat and therefor we had a little blood sugar problem. We ended up staying an extra night to ensure that she was able to keep her blood sugar up. Luckily now she is a good eater although I still usually have to wake her up to feed her but she stays awake long enough to eat. She even is starting to wake up for short periods of time to just "hang out." For having a newborn at home we really are getting quite a bit of sleep. I think I am able to sleep more now then I was my final month of pregnancy. We usually wake her up every 4 hours at night at three hours during the day...i know i should probably not get use to making her schedule myself, i'm sure soon enough she will take over but for now it is really nice!
Colby has been able to take time off of work and it has been so helpful with Lucas. Although he still has classes we still get a good amount of time with him at home :) Next week the real fun begins though and Lucas, Macie and I will be home alone most of the day. For now we will enjoy the time we have together as a family :)




Lucas didnt like all the attention MAcie was getting so he turned the camera himself and took this picture :)











No comments:

Post a Comment