Blogger Layouts
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Bug

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Newest Addition to Our Family




Lucas Wade Meier made his entrance into the world Friday October 2, 2009 and 6:46 am. He arrived 11 days early but weren't all that surprised. I had been saying for weeks that i thought he would arrive on the 2nd while Colby thought he would arrive on the 9th. Colby also thought i would be very disappointed if he didn't come on one of those days..and to be honest I would have. I was just lucky that he came when he came :)
The labor started really slow and i thought it was going to be a very long night and probably long day but after hitting 5 cm everything went really fast and my Dr. wasn't even there when i was complete, all of this happened within an hour of turning 5 cm. When my Dr. got there everything seemed to turn around and everything was chaotic. Lucas dropped to fast and his heartbeat dropped to between 60-90 beats per minute. They had to get him out fast and for me the next 15 minutes were a blur but he came out a very healthy boy weighing 6 lbs 14 oz and was 19 inches long. We were both relieved that he was okay and were then able to see that the 2 nurses and 1 dr had turned into a room full of people. There were at least 6 new faces in the room and neither of us had remembered any of them entering the room.
After everything settled down we were able to relax and enjoy visitors. The next day we were very anxious to go home and it seemed to take forever to be discharged. Now that were home were very excited for our new little family.

1 comment:

  1. I did not even know you had a blog!!! How did I not know this information? Hmmm..well now that I know, just realize that I will be stalking you whenever you post! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete